Lakota East Bands Resource Connections
- Clarinet Fingering Charts: Boehm-System
- How Do Woodwind Instruments Work?
- The Woodwind Fingering Guide
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
- La Voz or Mitchell Lurie Reeds, PLEASE:
- Jones Double Reeds
- Woodwinds students have had luck purchasing better instruments on eBay. Please check with your band directors for guidance.
- American Drum
- Grover Pro Percussion
- Innovative Percussion
- Mike Balter Mallets
- ProMark Drumsticks
- Regal Tip
- Smith Mallets
- Vic Firth
Bells: Bell Mallets Hard 9
Keyboards: There are needs for specialized mallets. The mallet selections are based on general use.
Snare Drum: Vic Firth General SD1
(This is a great all-purpose stick–there is enough weight for the stick to aid you in rolls and response.)
- Timpani: Vic Firth T1 General: For all-around playing.
- Timpani: Vic Firth T2 Cartwheel: Very soft.
- Timpani: Vic Firth T4 Ultra Staccato: Hard.
Vibraphone (Vibes): Vibe Mallets M23 Blue Cord
Xylophone: Xylophone Mallets EH 1-1/8″ Phenolic